Sometimes you can find the right girl not in the next city, state or even country, but just next door.
Some of you guys are lucky enough to find out that the right girl for them lives right next door.
This simplifies a lot of things, not to mention it mostly keeps things quite inexpensive. Then again, as with anything in the world, living right next door to your girlfriend can also complicate tons of things. Here’s a list of the advantages and disadvantages of dating the girl next door:
- Dates would be fairly easy. You both don’t need to go far or meet each other if you want to go on a date. You don’t have to drive all the way to the other end of the city to pick your girlfriend up only to drive all the way back to where you are going to have your date. You can leave the house at the same time – saves you gas, money, and a loooot of time driving.
- Moving in would be really easy. Moving in together would be so much easier if you only have to go next door or across the street from you. You won’t even have to hire a moving van – except, of course, if you want to get a new place together. But to move into one of your current homes would be easy breezy!
- You can keep your place and still feel like you’ve moved in together. Did you know that the power couple Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter keep two different apartments together? They say having this type of living arrangement allows them to be a couple when they want to and move out like single people at will. Dating your neighbor makes this easily achievable! You can fake move-in and still get to keep a place nearby.
- You can easily track each other. You both won’t have to go paranoid over whether or not you are lying to each other about your whereabouts. You can’t lie about being alone at your place, and she can’t lie about staying over for the night as her girls go for a nightout. One worry off your worry list!
However convenient and cheap as it may seem, there still are disadvantages to dating your neighbor:
- Loss of privacy. She knows everything – every.little.thing. If you aren’t in that move-in ready stage in your relationship yet, this is really a huge problem. And this would be a much, much bigger problem if you are dating a psycho, paranoid ultimate clingy girlfriend. Forget about your privacy, she’ll have a key to your house before you know it!
- Moving on would be difficult. If you breakup, moving on would be really, really challenging. How can you seriously ‘keep your mind off her’ if you see her when you’re taking the trash out? Or when you can see her going on dates? That would be one heck of a big challenge to face.
Please also see my last blog post for more tips and advices. Thanks!